Monday, January 7, 2008

Get me to the Church on time


Last December 30, 2007, some very good friends of ours -- Hahn and Cari Chou -- tied the knot at the Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe. It was actually their second wedding as they walked the altar in Bangkok, Thailand. This was their Philippine version. As Sophie Marceau whispered in Braveheart, "Ah, amour!"



Ain't this such a cool car? Rental's like 8K for the first three hours then like 2,500 every hour after that. Whoah!






Nice brass works up the church ceiling.










I co-hosted the reception party and after like an hour and a half of the programme and eating, we gave way to one of my fave local bands, the Brass Munkeys. If my feet weren't hurting from wearing leather shoes, I would have been swinging the night away to their music. I was a huge fan of the jump swing revival of the late 90's to the early 2000's. It started with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy from the movie Swingers then I moved to the Atomic Fireballs, Cherry poppin' Daddies, the Royal Crown Revue, the Squirrel Nut Zippers, and the Brian Setzer Orchestra.

No comments:

Post a Comment