Sunday, November 5, 2017

Spinning at Open Turntable Night at Tuckers


I was invited by Jon Fishbone of Bad Omen for Open Turntable Night at Tuckers Bar along Mindanao Avenue. Was headlining the night along with Lourd De Veyra (Radioactive Sago Project and Kapitan Kulam) and Marc Steady (Bembol Rockers). 

I was excited about this and it was going to give me a chance to go behind the turntables again. I haven't done this since 2004 while working at Virgin Records in Times Square. 


I wanted to play a different set since most would be playing punk and ska. Settled for Motown, Northern Soul, Mod, Ska, and Reggae. 

Here's my setlist:
Move On Up - the Jam
Ghosts - the Jam
Precious - the Jam
My Ever Changing Moods - the Style Council
Headstart for Happiness - the Style Council
History Repeating - the Propellerheads with Shirley Bassey
I'll Be Around - the Spinners
Earthquake - Roy Hamilton
Do I Love You - Frank Wilson
Trouble Man - Marvin Gaye
Joy to the World - Three Dog Night
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love - the Blues Brothers
007 (Shantytown) - Desmond Dekker
Armagideon Time - the Clash
A Message to You, Rudy - the Specials
Nite Klub - the Specials
Monkey Man - the Specials
Red Red Wine - UB40





Hung out and chatted away with Jon Fishbone and Lourd De Veyra whose set was eclectic and very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment