Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Fra Lippo Lippi's Golden Slumbers



I remember watching their concert the first time they played Manila. I am not sure now if it was at the Ultra or the Folk Arts Theater. I do remember that it was a short set that there were several encores. The crowd wouldn't let them go. Then vocalist Per Sorensen said -- and I remember this so well -- "You really love our music?"

Then they sang some songs they had performed earlier!

For Golden Slumbers, perhaps save for "Angel" every song was re-recorded for this album. So they all sound somewhat different but they weren't so bad. I like them. Honestly, I wish they recorded a double album because there are only eight songs here! Eight! Where's "Come Summer"? "Some People". And "Fade Away"?

Do I smell a follow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment