Friday, January 1, 2021

Listening to Bob Marley and the Wailers' Exodus


I first heard the music of Bob Marley and the Wailers’ Exodus at Papadom’s old home at Provident Village. A very good friend of mine and batchmate from Ateneo lived near Domeng’s place, and he took me there one time. 

 

When we arrived at his place, Domeng was lying down on the floor while listening to some records. Exodus was one of them. Which is why when I listen to this record, I invariably think of Domeng.

 

Everyone knows that this album was recorded during his self-imposed exile in London after the failed attempt on his life. Hence, there were the usual political themes that are prevalent in the first side while the flip side is more on faith, love, and sex. 

 

I got my own copy of the record so I could play it in the solitude of my room. I have this playlist of records that I constantly listen to every week or month and Exodus is one of them.

 

It is one of those records where I have never skipped songs. It’s that darn good and impressive. In fact, it is consistently listed in all-time best lists. And it is in mine.

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment