Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Something from the Misfits.




I will never forget that day for as long as I live. September 21, 2003. Took the R Train to Times Square and who is on the same train as me? Marky Ramone of the Ramones. And he was carrying a cymbal bag and the skin of his bass drum that had THE RAMONES on it. 

It happened that we were going to the same place... a show by the Misfits. Much to my surprise, he was the new drummer for the Misfits.

The band launched their Misfits Records that day with their initial offering, the album, Project 1950. 

Got my cd signed by Jerry Only, Dez Cadena, and Marky Ramone. Plus, they gave away this promo shirt. I took video of that (posing with the Misfits) and I need to convert it from video8. 

What a day. And the Misfits played Blitzkreig Bop.


No comments:

Post a Comment