Monday, February 18, 2019

Kagatan 30 vinyl record haul

I never owned any records from the Cult. When these albums came out when I was in college, I got cassettes of them. Then later, the Pure Cult greatest hits compilation on compact disc. I always liked them and for some reason, I always resisted getting the records until the last Kagatan. Happy to have them now (as I do not have my cassettes anymore). I still do have my Pure Cult CD though. 

This compilation record, All Original Punk Rock, was released locally by OctoArts International. It had the Chrysalis Record label so I am not sure if this was an original release or not. But what a stupid title. Only two bands here are actually punk; the rest are New Wave. I am not even sure if you can lump the Babys in those categories.

I got this as a kid and was only too glad to have it once more. And for all my gripes about misleading choices, I still like this compilation. Excellent tracks. 


And after all these years, I was able to get back my Fra Lippo Lippi's Light and Shade album (as produced by the late great Walter Becker). I lost my old copy of this through time. Great album.
I collection anime soundtracks and getting Resurrected: TV Manga Theme Songs was something I had to add to my collection. And I have never had a Chic record. So I had to get this too.



No comments:

Post a Comment