Sunday, March 1, 2020

My Mazinger Z soundtrack


Mazinger Z has always been my favorite of these Japanese super robots. Although Gigantor and Voltes V were the first ones I saw, Mazinger Z became my favorite the moment I saw it. There is something about the combination of black, red, and silver on a giant robot that makes it look cool. Furthermore, I liked the cast -- Kouji Kabuto, Sayaka (drool), Shiro... and later on how it spun off into Great Mazinga, Grendaizer, and so on. 

I thought Mazinger Z's villains -- the evil Dr. Hell, the half-man, half-woman Baron Ashura, and the Mycenae empire-inspired civilization where they were based was amazing. I was in Greek mythology at this time and I immediately gravitated to it. 

My toy figure remains a favorite of mine. I never had one as a kid, but the one you see in the picture is something I bought about four years ago.

The soundtrack is a dream. It features the English opening and closing themes -- sung by Ichiro Mizuki -- as well as audio excerpts from the first episode. It isn't in the best shape but I am all right. This stuff is difficult to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment