Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dig that guitar solo



It was a little over 20 years ago today (it was July 21, 1987 to be exact), that Slash's timeless guitar solo of "Sweet Child Of Mine" -- one of Guitar World's 100 Greatest Solos -- finally shook me out of my appetite for New Wave and I grew our of my buzz cuts in favor of long hair (now if you can imagine me with long locks now go snicker in the corner coz it was a goofy look for me then).

I remember staying tuned to DZRJ-FM the only station that would play Guns N' Roses just to catch that classic blues-rock song.

I bought APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION when it came out and told myself that along with the Smiths' Hatful of Hollow and R.E.M.'s Murmur these were the albums that changed my young life.

Now if Chinese Democracy is more than an urban legend...

No comments:

Post a Comment