Friday, January 1, 2010

The iPod Killed the Compact Disc Star

Remember that song by the Buggles -- "Video Killed the Radio Star"? Well, the iPod and digital music sure killed the music industry. While some may balk at the cumbersome CD booklets, I love them and still do. While digital music players are lighter and infinitely more portable, they have a tendency to be less personal. But I love them no less and swear by my iPod Touch. Steve Jobs, you the man!

My bands of the decade (not in order): Sevendust, Red Hot Chili Peppers, My Favorite, the Strokes, U2, Coldplay, Sigur Ros, Ryan Adams, Killswitch Engage, Snow Patrol, the Shins, Death Cab for Cutie, Interpol, Mastodon, Bloc Party, Placebo, Dave Matthews Band, British Sea Power, New Order, Incubus, Ivy, the Killers, Paramore, the Mars Volta, Up Dharma Down, Reel Big Fish, Rivermaya

No comments:

Post a Comment