Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Got the vinyl version of My Favorite's Love At Absolute Zero plus the new single


In 1999, I picked up the cd Love At Absolute Zero of this indie new wave band from New York called My Favorite. I loved the album and the band right away. In fact, I reached out online to the lead singer, Michael Grace Jr. who has become a friend. We have also bonded about a mutual fascination over Joan of Arc! Even better, bassist Gil Abad is Filipino-American. I got to see them several times in NYC where I got them to sign my cds. I wish this band had more listeners. If you like new wave, you’ll love their stuff.

The song "17 Berlin" is like a song for a bomb shelter. and I think of it walking the rain swept streets of the Bowery. "Between Cafes" sounds like something Roxy Music would do with a touch of Spandau Ballet. I like the title track and it's neat that the band pays homage to David Bowie -- hey can we throw in Peter Schilling in as well - in the song. And there's lots!

Michael recently informed me that Love At Absolute Zero was re-released on vinyl. Plus, they released a new single! Of course I had to get them. Enjoying them all over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment