Wednesday, December 25, 2019

My valuable records in my collection and my most expensive ones according to Discogs

What do I considered prized in my music collection?

You have to start with my Original Filipino Music on both compact disc and vinyl. They might not be huge in the international market, but in the Philippines, they are obvious huge sellers for many reasons. While there were thousands and thousands in print back in the 1970s and 1980s (but not in the quantities of foreign releases), not many were "saved" or kept in superb condition. When vinyl went out of style at the end of the 1980s, many went to the scrap heap. Which is a shame.

I have a lot of the cds of bands that came out in the 1990s and almost all of them are in near mint condition. My cds of the Eraserheads, Rivermaya, Put3ska, Tropical Depression, Sugar Hiccup are really hard to find. Perhaps the most difficult one to get ahold is the ultrarare Sonnet 58 demo. I have about probably 700-plus of the Filipino bands on cd.

On vinyl, my Juan dela Cruz Band, Sampaguita, Mike Hanopol, the Dawn, Identity Crisis, and my promo copy of Gapo Vol. 1 are some of the nuggets. My seven-inch collection of underground punk rock records is a treasure. Because there are fewer pressings they are harder to find and you will not find them readily available such as Abrasive Relations; one and only EP that fetches for at least $68.  The split record between Boston's The Saddest Landscape and Manila's Legarda is a rarity. There are only 50 of them that were pressed. I also have the test press of Oi Squad (that was never released). I also have a Filipino metal collection of 7-inch and 12-inchers. And there's the recently re-issued Eraserheads Ultraelectromagneticpop on vinyl. Only 2,500 were pressed and this is going to go up in price in a year or so. 

For cassette tapes for Filipino artists, the gold here is the cassette of legendary punk band Betrayed's release on DMZ records.

It seems the punk records are the valuable ones. For foreign releases, it is my collection of New York hardcore bands Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Gorilla Biscuits, Crumbsuckers, Judge, and Outburst that are the pricey ones. Throw in some Misfits too!

I also have the first pressing of Nirvana's Nevermind and the the Record Store Day releases of I Am Sam, The Crow, Lost in Translation, and Pearl Jam Unplugged that cost a lot of money.

According to Discogs, here are my Top 20 most expensive records in my collection:






No comments:

Post a Comment