Wednesday, December 25, 2019

What’s left on my vinyl bucket list?

What’s left on my vinyl bucket list?

With 2019 drawing to a close, it means that it has been a little over three years since I returned to buying records. When I stopped buying records in the early 1990s, I shifted to compact discs. I still got the odd record or so, but it was mostly the former that I purchased. 

I have gotten back almost everything that I have lost from my 1970s and 1980s heyday of record collecting. I can even say that my collection is a lot better today than it was when I was a kid.

I never got everything back. Some of my old records survived; others I updated and gotten better copies. Some I decided it’s best that they remain in cd form. I am no longer the completist wherein I must have every album of my favorite bands.

I just get what I like.

Here is what is left of the records I have to get back.

Animal Party – Ocean Zoo
I bought this when I was in first year high school at Muzikland in Ali Mall for P5.00. I have to admit, I wasn’t crazy about it when I listened to it. And I soon let it go. Much to my regret.

Incubus Succubus – Xmal Deutschland
The single I heard this over the radio and when I ordered XMal Deutschland’s first album Fetisch, I was disappointed that it wasn’t included. Plus, the fact that the entire album was in German didn’t score too high with me (it did much later). 

I managed to get all XMal’s album except this. So I will one day.

The Stars Are Insane – Versus 
Versus is one of my 20 favorite bands of all time. I have all their albums on vinyl and compact disc. The Stars Are Insane I do not have on vinyl. This being their first LP on Teenbeat; getting it is rather pricey. But this one I will get.

Ang Nawawala OST.
Of all the recent Filipino releases in the last decade, this is the one record that I do not have as it came out before I returned to vinyl. 

War All the Time – Thursday
One of my favorite records. When this came out, I got it on CD. Hope to score the LP even if it is pricey.

Almost Famous – OST
One of the best soundtracks ever to one of my fave films ever. Too pricey. Maybe they will release this during a future RSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment