Saturday, December 7, 2019

Playing U2's Achtung Baby



Do I remember when I got my copy of U2's Achtung Baby?

Yes, I do. It was right before Christmas of 1991. The album was out a little over a month of that year. This was memorable for me because I got it on compact disc along with The Singular Adventures of the Style Council and R.E.M.'s Out of Time; these were te first compact discs that I ever bought and it signified a change for me. I stopped buying vinyl and went for compact discs.  I bought the odd vinyl or two but mostly purchasecd cds.

As for Achtung Baby, all I thought twas this was a marked departure from Rattle & Hum. I did like the album instantly and through the years, it has remained one of my top five fave U2 albums.

Almost three decades later, I finally got my record of this album (I still have the cd that I bought in 1991). And it is the reverse now... I have gone back to vinyl. And U2 sounds as great as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment