Saturday, February 11, 2012

Giving a lecture at State U


In the last three years, aside from my media work, I have taught in my alma mater, Ateneo de Manila University, and have done workshops/lectures in other universities like UST, San Beda, Immaculate Concepcion Academy, Mindanao State University, and Perpetual Help. Although I gave a talk at a UP Junior Marketing Association, today was really my first time to give a lecture in State U. I was invited by a class in the College of Business Administration to talk about social media as modern version of "word-of-mouth" marketing and how to use it. Having used it unconventionally for my career, it has been a Godsend. 


The talk was at the Villar Lecture Room where some 30 students were present for the talk. Quite honestly, I was nervous at the beginning never mind if I have done this so many times. I guess, once the first few minutes go by, I'm okay. And like my Journalism class in Ateneo, I made this as interactive as possible by making sure the audience was involved. Loved the interaction with the students.


The class' professor, Maila Pablo of Nestle was most helpful in easing me through. I am also thankful from the invite from State U to teach there. I would if there was another day in the week and there was more time. As it is, my sked's pretty full. I am not even sure if I'll be back for next school year.


Was surprised at the end how the student's signed a Starbucks mg. But the writings sort of faded as it was passed around. By the time, I got home, I could hardly ready anything that was written. Luckily, I took a snapshot while at Rizal Memorial Football Stadium. Nifty end to a beautiful day. 


1 comment: