Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Dead Kennedys' re-issued 7-inch singles


Punk Rock has always been provocative and combative. Of course, there's the element of good fun. I always thought that the Dead Kennedys had all that but with a wicked sense of humor. I first heard them with "Holiday in Cambodia" and saw that provocative cover. 

The first single I ever got was "Too Drunk to Fuck" and well, my folks threw that single out much to my consternation and anger. It helped fuel my rebellion. So in return, I picked up their debut album, "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables."

Became a DK fan for life with that album. I lost the album through the years but managed to get the CD. And now, the re-issued 7-inch singles. 

They are and will always be one of the most innovative bands who played tight and wrote terrific social commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment