Thursday, March 22, 2018

Hosting Orange and Lemons' Listening Party!




I was living in the United States at the time Orange and Lemons released their debut album, Love in the Land of Rubber Shoes and Dirty Ice Cream. I asked my youngest brother to routinely send me CDs of local bands no matter who it was. I remember receiving a package from my brother and it contained a few discs from Rivermaya, Up Dharma Down, and Orange and Lemons to name a few. I put in the ONL disc onto my discman not expecting much. I was on my way to work and I remember going, Wow! Just like the Smiths!" I became an instant fan. When I returned home, I immediately checked out the band. I caught them at 70's Bistro sometime after Moonlane Gardens' release. Little did I know that was their last gig.... as a quartet.

Then I became friends with Clem Castro while watching the Camerawalls. When they re-formed, this time as a trio, I was fortunate to get a front row seat. I was their for their first gig -- also at the 70's Bistro and a few more. 

I got to host the Listening Party (for pledgers) to for the re-release of Love in the Land of Rubber Shoes and Dirty Ice Cream that they re-recorded and will be out on vinyl and CD this May. And it sure is a big thing for me to do this for a band that is one of my favorites. It is even better I have struck up a friendship with them!



Picture time after the Listening Party!


The crowd at World's End Pub along Matalino Street that is owned by my former writer Peter Campiglio. Nice cozy place! Perfect for intimate performances. 




No comments:

Post a Comment