Thursday, February 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday: February 1, 2018.

The demo tape of Violent Playground. I thought I had lost this. Working as an A&R manager back in the 90s, I was given a lot of tapes and demos. I saved all of them but lost them after moving houses, moving abroad, Ondoy, and a fire. Only three demos thus far have survived -- Indio I, Sonnet 58, and now, Violent Playground.

I remember meeting Eddie Katindig during the recording of this album. He even allowed me to write the liner notes which he approved. Well, I think what I wrote sucks when I read it now. Ugh. terrible. But am glad to be a part of Eddie K's career even if only for a footnote.

This is a proposal for an album of lullaby music. I used to write my own lullabies when my eldest son, Matt, was born. And I adapted that for a project. I recorded two demos -- Buddy Holiday's "Everyday" and the Beatles' "Here, There and Everywhere". I even looked to tie up the album with Johnson's & Johnson's. Check out the picture below. And my handwriting too!



Some of my early writings about music and comics for the Philippine Daily Inquirer.



No comments:

Post a Comment