Saturday, March 5, 2011

Staring at the (Camotes) Sea


I used to love the beach. That is until my own personal encounter with a shark. You know the one with those huge jaws with jagged teeth? One time I was with some of my cousins swimming in the far deep of Calatagan, Batangas when a shark decided to bust our reverie. No one got bitten but we all got out of the water and onto the boat. We watched it circle around for a while before it decided that it wasn't going to get its hamburger meal for the day. But that freaked me out. Since then I never went back into the water. I know of course, how to swim but you'll never ever get me to go back into the deep.


So while here at Crimson Resort & Spa in Mactan, if I wasn't in the swimming pool (yes, I can swim there since I can see the floor and know that there aren't any sharks) I was walking along the docks and the pontoon bridge. The water is about ten feet deep when it's around 4:00 in the afternoon. By evening when it's high tide, it goes up another six to ten feet. Walking along the pontoon bridge made me feel a little uneasy but I didn't mind it. I do things like that once in a while to fight my fear of the water. And... I'd like to thank Olsen Racela for my San Miguel Beer jersey (#17)!

In the picture below, that's me and three of my co-workers (Pepsico and GroupM).


No comments:

Post a Comment