Friday, August 25, 2017

Today in Rock Music History August 25: Bruce Srpingsteen's "Born to Run" was released


Anniversary of Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run" today (August 25, 1975). I was in grade school when this album came out. It wasn't unti seven years after its release that I purchased it. At this record shop outside the old Fiesta Carnival (where Book Sale is located today). This was about the time of the No Nukes show when I got the record. Having lived in New Jersey for a while too (before moving across the Hudson), I totally got the record and Springsteen's music. It was like the soundtrack of our lives. One modern band that gets it right is the Gaslight Anthem who I have seen numerous times especially at the Vans Warped Tour.
But Born to Run, man. I still think to this day, it complements the West Side Story, the Kings of Flatbush, and Jersey Boys. And that magnificent intro to "Jungleland"... still has me after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment