Monday, December 25, 2017

Am just a few more records short of the collection I want

The year 2017 will mark the year of my return to vinyl after an absence of about 20 years. I bought the odd record here and there but mostly purchased compact discs. No, I never downloaded or purchased pirated material. Bootlegs are different though. 

I amassed a huge number of vinyl this year but unlike before where I was a completist, this time around, I only got the albums that I really liked. For example, U2. When I was in school, I got Boy, War, Under A Blood Red Sky, and the Unforgettable Fire. I stopped with the latter album then went CD. So that is what I have. Does that mean I should get say, Rattle and Hum? Not really. Only if there's extra money or what. But other than that, no, since I have all of the Irish band's albums on CD. 

For OPM releases, it's different, I try to get as much particularly the rock stuff and the punk releases!

Heading into 2018, here are the remaining back titles that I am searching for on vinyl:


OPM
Maskara - Juan dela Cruz Band
Tale of Two - Identity Crisis
Ang Nawawala Soundtrack
Ocean Zoo 7" inch single

Foreign:
Jane Doe - Converge
Modernism: A New Decade - The Style Council
Incubus Succubus - Xmal Deutschland


Once I have these ones, I can go slow. No need to pick up much as I have what I want.




No comments:

Post a Comment