Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Got Sugar Hiccup's new album, Closure.

I have been a fan of Sugar Hiccup since 1994. I still recall the first time I saw them live and it was at Club Dredd. I was hanging outside with Parokya Ni Edgar's Buwi Meneses when I heard this band performing the Sunday's "Here's Where the Story Ends". I thought that the singer nailed Harriet Wheeler's voice perfectly and I ran inside to catch them. I told myself I'd sign them to Universal Records but was unable to do so. In case you don't know, I signed Datu's Tribe and Parokya ni Edgar. Sugar Hiccup, Indio I, and Fatal Posporos were my other targets and I missed out on the last three.

Instead, I have been writing about the band as a means to cope with that sorry miss.

Even after all these years, their music still stuns me majestically. 
My consuleo? Am the first person to buy their fourth album, Closure. Plus, I get to write a new article about them.

Love the new album.





No comments:

Post a Comment