Monday, October 2, 2017

Recalling defunct metalcore outfit Himsa's Ground Breaking Ceremony


Himsa is a metalcore band from Seattle (they broke up around 2008 if I am not mistaken). I picked up their debut album titled, Ground Breaking Ceremony (1999 from Revelation Records), during their Southeast Asian Tour in 2000 that included a stop in Manila. I was fortunate to catch them once more while on tour in New York City alongside the Acacia Strain. 

At the time I got their album, I was into Hatebreed and Converge and I liked Himsa's brand of metalcore right away. The late 1990s was when I began to explore all the independent music scene. All these exciting discoveries for me changed the way I look at and listen to music. Himsa was one of those first bands I tried out then. 

Happy that I still have not only the CD but also the ticket from their Manila show but also the sticker they gave away during their US show. It is too bad I haven't been able to get their next two albums. 


No comments:

Post a Comment