Sunday, January 28, 2018

At Kagatan 26


Kagatan 26 is the first record sale/swap at Cubao X for 2018. I was a bit concerned heading into this because it is before payday so that mean's you have to be wise with your buys.


The crowd started arriving around 4pm. Me? I was there early to cherry pick the good stuff. But I left for some Sunday coverage. I came from Jose Rizal University along Shaw Boulevard for coverage of the NCAA 3x3 competition.

It sure was nice to see some of the younger folks and more from the female of the species digging.




There was a smattering of OPM 7-inch singles from the Eraserheads, Yano, Color It Red, Rivermaya, and many more. But they were too pricey. If you ask me, they are pricing folks out of the market.


The big catch for me was this record... The Smashing Pumpkins' Greatest Hits: Rotten Apples. Bootleg or not, it's still cool.


Also got the single of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"... for 75 bucks!


The rest of my Kagatan 26 haul: Red Rockers - "China" 12-inch single, Voyage's Fly Away album from the 1970s, the original Epitaph first press of the Offspring's Smash, a local pressing of The Breakfast Club's "Rico Mambo", and lastly, Anita Baker's Rapture.

Yes, I am extremely happy with my haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment