Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Was able to get Count Kutu and the Balmers


In my pursuit to pick up as many recent OPM releases, I desperately wanted to get this one and only vinyl release of Count Kutu and the Balmers. 

As the story goes, this mento and calypso band from Agusan Del Sur, the Philippines would send demo samples to Chicago's Jump Up Records and after a while, they picked up the band and the result was this vinyl pressing from 2012. It doesn't have any jacket but only comes in this olive drab inner sleeve! And I love it still!

Since I only returned to vinyl in January of 2017, I missed out on this. I got in touch with the band who told me that only the compact disc version is available (but as of January 2018 it is sold out as well). It took me a few months but I was able to get it in the back bin market.

And I love their music! This album holds a special place in my collection for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment