Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Got this extremely hard to find album by jazz pianist Bobby Enriquez


In my pursuit of a Filipino music collection that I like (and not what is collectible and re-saleable), I also get a good number of jazz records. I have four of the late jazz pianist Bobby Enriquez' albums -- The Wild Man which is his debut, Live in Tokyo, Prodigious Piano, and Live At the Concerts By the Sea Vol.1. Now Enriquez recorded a total of 14 albums (15 if you count where he was a guest performer) and save for one, all were recorded and released abroad. Meaning Bobby had only one album that was recorded and released in the Philippines! And that was his 10th album which goes to show that he really got his break abroad and not locally. I finally managed to get that album, Native 220, which was released by Ivory Records in 1985. Not bad. Really happy to get this difficult find.

No comments:

Post a Comment