Saturday, May 26, 2018

Watching the Bilinda Butchers show in Manila


I only discovered the Bilinda Butchers the other year. Obviously, with a name like that and an album cover like that, the band has to be a fan of My Bloody Valentine and the Smiths. Talking to the band, yes, to both theories. I have been trying to get the rest of their albums and I will eventually get them. 

Got to see the Bilinda Butchers for their one-night Manila show at the 20:20 bar in Makati. It was an amazing set. 

When the band arrived at the bar around 7:20pm for their soundcheck, I got to talk to Mikal who I already interviewed for an article on ABS-CBN (he said his dad got a kick out of the article I wrote). So with the icebreaker out of the way, we began chatting about the band as well as their tour. It was a pretty good 15-minute conversation.

Got my picture taken with the Bilinda Butchers who patiently signed records and other merch after their awesome set. It dawned on me that this is how the Smashing Pumpkins would sound if they do shoegaze. That in my opinion, is a compliment.


With Iman Leonardo (Prank Sinatra/Sugar Hiccup) and Carlos TaƱada (Up Dharma Down) at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment