Thursday, May 3, 2018

Talking music and vinyl on GMA Balita




I was interviewed this morning for GMA Balita (the segment will air any time within the next week or so) about the popularity of vinyl, some of my fave records, where the scene is going, and independent record stores like NEC.

I shared my Juan dela Cruz Band record (Kahit Anong Mangyari) that I purchased when I was in Seventh Grade and how I saved up my allowance and did my classmates’ homework just to be able to buy the record that cost back then – P24!

I also showed them a seven-inch single of Lolita Carbon’s “Usok” which is the first reggae song ever recorded by a Filipino artist and I bought that for the price of… five bucks! Sounds cheap but back then that was a lot of money for two songs (one on each side).

I also showed my record of the B-52s that I bought the summer heading into my first year in high school that I still have to this day.

Also showed some of the new releases on vinyl by OPM artists today – indie and underground.

I spoke about how NEC is the best source for second hand vinyl in the country today not only for the prices, but for the variety, and the constant supply.




Showing off my seven-inch single of Lolita and the Bhoys' "Usok"


No comments:

Post a Comment