Friday, June 1, 2018

Yes' Relayer and that Roger Dean art



Playing Yes’ Relayer.

Before I seriously got into Yes, I was a fan of Asia. I backtracked actually. Aside from the music of both Asia and Yes, part of the drawing power for me was the cover art of Roger Dean. This was the time I got into The Lord of the Rings trilogy, as a graduation gift from grade to high school, I got the 25th edition of the trilogy. And so I was into fantasy and Roger Dean’s incredible landscape paintings grabbed my imagination.

And both Asia and Yes had a lot to do with that.

I was already working in an ad agency when I got this book, Flights of Icarus featuring a number of Dean’s work. And it was cool owning Relayer and seeing it on the book.

Had to pull out the book when playing this Yes album now.








No comments:

Post a Comment